Risk surveys & valuations
Every client and survey is different, and for each assignment we agree a clear scope of work, which might be for a single facility or an entire asset. These services are often for proposed or existing insurance arrangements, offering participants to the insurance contract a realistic and clearly communicated view of the assets at risk. Our work can include:
- A physical risk survey to identify assets and their exposure to natural and man-made risks, along with recommendations for improvement
- Analysing the condition of facilities and the effectiveness of maintenance programmes
- Developing and calculating Estimated, Probable or Possible Maximum Loss (EML/PML) scenarios
- Analysing business interruption exposure
- Assessing the values at risk by desktop research and attendance on site, where needed. We often combine a valuation with a full risk assessment survey to produce a thorough understanding of the risk to be underwritten
Our expertise covers a broad range of onshore and offshore oil and gas installations, plus industrial, mining and commercial assets, and major civil engineering projects.